Friday, December 12, 2014

Backpack Journalism: Lego Day to Blood Drive

Thankfully Backpack Journalism was a familiar task for me. Last summer in June I had taken a week long Backpack Journalism camp at Olathe Northwest that Bill Gentile had taught. This is where learned the process of filming and editing the first time. My last film of backpack journalism was over a profession and not a experience like Lego Day or the Fall Blood Drive

Although I film all the footage of Lego Day but not the blood drive due to timing at my school. We used the six shot system within these films. The first video I filmed was the Lego Day and I was a quick easy task. It was some what a practice round before the Fall Blood Drive. Where you predictably have been put on to be daring to get close and get the shots you want and need to make a successful package. Another task you need to do I asking good question and allowing you subject to speak. Then once you get them to speak you have to make you have quality audio. So you can editing them within your video. Editing is a crucial thing to follow through with the video.


After importing my shots and keyword them to organized the clips. I like organizing them and favoriting them because it allows me to the create my timeline quicker. Personally I think it has always turned out better that way, I had done this with both films. When I organized I looked for sound bytes and b roll  I could use for NAT noise and voice overs. After doing this I construct my time line and my script for voice overs. After I record them I editing them into the video and make J and L edits.  For example this is my timeline from the fall blood drive and you can see you see how I edited the audio.  After doing this to both videos they told the story well through both subjects along the help on my narration through my voice overs. Voice helped me transition well. I regret not being able to film the blood drive but I couldn't do anything about that I had prior commitments. As well as not managing my time as well as I should have. Overall I thought the film came together really well.  I favor the Fall Blood Drive film over the Lego day just because I think the Blood Drive has a better story to tell then Lego Day. 



2 comments:

  1. your videos were good and your answers to the blogger question were more then good they answered the question with out looking like a class room assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to elaborate on my last post you should split up your paragraphs in to smaller one to keep people from thinking there is to much text

    ReplyDelete